Tapping New Resources

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Lesson 6

More of the same, and I'll never get tired of it. But I wish I could remember the steps and moves from week to week. In doing the Stevie Wonder tune, I drew a total blank after the first dozen beats, and she made us try and remember it, too. One of us actually remember this dragging the foot part, but we all kinda sucked at recall.

We started with the warmups, which I'm getting pretty good at too. I mean, they're pretty simple moves, but they use muscles that don't often get used, or use them in ways that are different than usual. Heel-toe, toe-heel - stuff like that. And it still is amazing how warm a warmup makes me. Glad I have the wicking tees.

We did the grapevines thing again, and straight into the Shim-Sham Shimmy right after. My biggest challenge is the transition from the half vines into the scissors step, again, because of the change from step-behind to step-in-front. I am improving, as I can get into the scissors, before everyone else is done. But I miss the start of it, and another part of the challenge, besides the change in stepping is the weight transfer. I'm too way off balance to be able to change direction from a half vine to a scissors.

In the Shim-Sham Shimmy, I've been struggling all week to remember the last segment. It involves the shuffle-ball-change, but that was about all I could remember. So today, I think I finally got it all together. Gonna try the whole Shimmy from start to finish after I finish writing this, see how I do.

And to top it off, we got to watch the noon-hour smokers standing outside, who were watching a dumpster fire in the back alley. The fire department showed up shortly, but without the excitement of the sirens and all that.

Just another fun nooner. I can't believe how much fun I have in being so frustrated in this stuff. Maybe it's because I can just about do most of it, sort of on the edge of talent, but so far denied. I don't even know if what I just wrote makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home