Tapping New Resources

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Lesson 1

My calves are sayin' "Musta been close to a 30 km run there..." My ankles are sayin' "What the heck was that??" Jeez, what a workout! Gonna definitely have to think about some kind of workout clothes. Talk about hard work! Nony recommended lot's of calf stretching tonight. No run tonight, either, I think.

There were six of us in the class. One of the ladies may have been there for a make up class. If you miss a class you can sit in on another class to make it up. Doesn't even have to be the same dance style. So if you miss tap, you can take a salsa make-up class or something. How cool is that?

Have no idea what I learned, how to do it. Pencil turns are going to kill me (at least I think that's what they're called). I was concentrating so hard on the routine for the Harry Connick number, I pretty much forgot everything that we did before that. What a blast!

I honestly had no idea how much of a workout this would be. Nor did I realize how much complexity we'd be learning. We've got a little over a minute of choreography already on the Harry Connick tune. Then there's a little something or other shuffle that I can't remember.

Oh, man, it was so much fun. I started out OK, and was keeping up pretty well, but by the end I was totally lost. Damn pencil turns. But I was so pumped I didn't want to quit. It was just way too cool.

Definitely going to get taps installed for next week. The instructor wrote down the brand of taps to get, where to get them, and where to take them to get them installed. She said the shoes I got are perfect.

Nony said, "You sound totally jazzed... right on! You are smiling ear to ear I bet too!"

Yeah, I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home