Tapping New Resources

Friday, January 28, 2005

Shopping for Shoes

Wasn't looking forward to this. I always have trouble when it comes to buying shoes, because of my short, wide, high-arched feet. It seems to take days of wandering malls and shoe stores, until I find something half decent looking, and that doesn't hurt either my feet or my wallet.

Not today, though.

First store I checked was one of the big department stores in the mall. Not much to choose from. Most shoes had some kind of rubbery soft non-skid kind of soles, good for sneaking up on someone, I suppose. Not what I want.

They had one style with a leather sole, that was reasonably slappy on the tile floor, but not in a size that fit well.

Out into the mall, then. Wandered down one side, ducking into three or four shoe stores, seeing what they had. One had something that looked perfect, but outside of my comfort zone, price-wise.

At the far end of the mall, in the other big department store, I find a couple of possibles. One is pricey but 30% off, and I'm doing the math. The other is about what I wanted to pay, and I try that one first.

Jackpot!

Black slip-ons, with a hard, slappy (and slightly slippery) leather sole, slightly spongy heel (nothing's perfect, I guess). I had great fun strutting on the tiled floor, stiking on the heels and smacking the soles down hard - ka-SMACK, ka-SMACK!

Bonus points - great fit and comfy! A much better feeling shoe than I expected to find in my price range. They'll be a great everyday shoe when they retire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home