Tapping New Resources

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Consideration

Sent a message to Nony, "Wuddaya think?"

"You gonna sign up?" she asks.

I sent an email to the address in the original message, "What would I need?"

"Wonder how much are a pair of tap shoes?" asks Nony.

"Can't be much of a market for used men's tap shoes," I say.

Now Nony is coming up with names of dancewear stores. I'm looking them up on the net to find out what I can, but not finding much. I'll have to do some phoning.

Sounds like I've decided to take the plunge. Nony says "That's kinda what it's sounding like to me... question is, will needing the shoes hold you back?"

"Not gonna be shoes that hold me back," I say. "No, what would hold me back is what always holds me back - lack of confidence, and permission to make a mistake and make a fool of myself. So, right now, I'm giving myself permission to try, to fail maybe, to not be very good at it, and to just have fun."

Nony says, "I think that is TOTALLY cool! You go for it!"

What am I getting myself into?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home